2.10.2006

today is my manager's last day on the team. he's moving onto the project team for the SAP implementation (a great career move for him). he's still with the company and i'll see him around once in a while, but it won't be the same -- obviously. he's my 1st manager after having graduated college. the relationship i have with him will probably never happen again in my career. besides talking about system/database issues, we would talk about anything/everything: my boy issues, my drinking escapades, weekend plans, vacation stories, reality shows, etc. honestly, my manager and my current team is pretty awesome. we work well together but we also joke around too. our team meetings remind me of the psa officer meetings i used to have my sophomore year in college where all we'd do is crack jokes and mess around. ive been with the company for almost 4 years and chris has been my manager the whole time -- from database crashes to midday coffee breaks and even to times where id be upset over a personal issue and we'd talk about it at his desk. it was a great ride though.

i'll definitely miss him.

what has this life experience shown me? some good-byes can actually be good good-byes.

good-bye.

pepsico asian network's Q4 evening reception...
...my manager and i @ the metropolitan club in the sears tower

No comments: