9.15.2008

lapsed routine

i hop on the bus and wonder why i feel hot. shiet, is it because im turning 28 tomorrow and im getting hot flashes? then i sniff around and wonder why i cant smell fresh powder -- thats the scent of my deoderant/antiperspirant. then i sniff around again and wonder why i cant smell a "bouquet of lotus, freesia, peonies, and white lilies" -- thats the scent of my parfum. dang, i forgot to put them on! in my rush to finish sonicaring so that i can blowdry my hair, i forgot the in-between routine: 2 swipes on each underarm and a spray behind each ear and on my lower neck.

do you ever do something over and over and over again and dont realize what you are doing?

in college, i remember freaking out about losing my left contact. i was getting ready in the morning and i was searching everywhere. this was back in the day when those with astigmatism could only buy 1 pair of contacts that were to last the entire year, whereas today I now buy bi-weekly pairs. i figure that i have to pop out my right contact and just wear my glasses to class. lo and behold, when i take out my contact from my right eye, there are two contacts. i was so into my routine that i put both contacts into the same eye. idiot.

No comments: