9.23.2008

red sour patch kids...

my co-workers are candy fanatics -- chocolate, fruit, plastic, hard, chewy, gooey, etc. honestly, who wouldn't be if you are working mad hours and need a sugar rush at 4pm? last week, oscar went on a candy shopping spree @ walgreens and came back with a nice large bag of sour patch kids. we weren't allowed to pick out the red ones or else he would revoke our rights to his candy stash. today, my manager shows up at my desk and the bag is cut down to 1/4 of its size because there isn't much candy left. he chews a kid and says "why is it wet?" and spits it out on my desk. lo and behold -- its a red sour patch kid!!! hes fast but i'm faster. so i swoop down and grab it and put it in my mouth. am i'm disgusting? whatever. so i look inside his 1/4 size bag and only the undesirable ones are left: yellows, oranges, greens. then i proceeded to celebrate that i got the last red one. idiot.

No comments: