11.10.2008

meat tray...

i had dinner with my parents last night @ pete miller's. i've been working so much and needed to get my perspective back on what really counts. plus, i miss my parents...and was tired of eating fast food. (:

with any new place, i'll order a main entrée thats named after the restaurant. and i'll order like it'll be my last time there. since its a steak house, im gearing up to eat a bone-in ribeye. thank my lucky stars, the menu was perfect:


my mom is a consistent diner; she'll get chicken or shrimp or a combo platter.

my dad is a steak man. dining out for a special family occassion or traveling for work, steak was what he ordered. hes decreased his red-meat intake and eats healthy now: lean meats, fish, greens. last night, he went back-and-forth with either the ribeye trio or the walleye pike. steak versus fish? that's like apples and oranges -- no comparison. my dad knew to get the fish but i also knew that he wanted a steak. kent feels that we are undecided so he tells us that hes going to bring over the meat tray. as kent went through all the cuts of meat with his little laser; i tried to prevent myself from gagging at the sight of raw meat; my mom was talking about how she loves the bread and hows she loves shrimp; my dad had made his decision. he ordered the porterhouse: 'the best of both worlds'. and he discovered the great taste of fat tire...twice.

i'm a steak girl. i try not to waver after i've already made a decision in my head because that would be an unattractive sign of weakness. a few years back, i was all about the filet mignon. then i upgraded to the prime rib. then i moved on to the new york strip. now, i'm in the ribeye phase. i love my meats but there are other fish in the sea, right? chicken don't swim.

No comments: