7.13.2009

world's largest block party...

this was my 2nd year of volunteering at Old St. Pat's World's Largest Block Party. i was one of three that had the food certification for the tent. i had a great time throwing the meat on the grill; keeping the frozen meats iced; telling volunteers to wash their hands; listening to the fri cover band; eating dogs; drinking beer. i do feel guilty about one thing. i caught myself wishing that ray were next to me to experience this event since last year i did it all alone. im not a needy girlfriend but i guess it'd be nice to share experiences with someone. dont get me wrong, i do spend quality time with my parents and my family. then i thought about it again. im actually okay...im okay. toughen up, buttercup. i have to remember to keep doing what i love (i.e.: volunteering, playing sports, reaching long-term goals) regardless of who is in my life or not. i think a majority of what i was feeling was a combination of (a) wanting ray to experience/see for himself that his girlfriend is a huge volunteering dork and (b) something else that i just can't describe right now. its not neediness but its having that person with you, by your side, supporting you. im not saying that ray doesnt support me. the only way i can explain is sharing examples.
...its like how my dad has my mom.
...its like how archie has myra.
...its like how the stars have the moon.

they don't supplement one another, rather they complement one another.
each object is beautiful and complete on its own.
bleh...now im just rambling. someone beer me, please.

No comments: