9.16.2004

today @ 6:35am (i think) i turned 24. 9/16/1980. last night we played volleyball and at midnight everyone (Maureen, Katie, JR, Mike, Jen, Joel, Joel's sister, P.J., Antoinette, Steve) sang to me...strangers too. jen gave me a blow job shot. heh.

when i got into work, my team decorated my cubicle with balloons and streamers (we do this for one another). one of the ladies i work with on the PepsiCo Asian Network employee resource group got me a beautiful bouquet of orchids. my teammate baked me a cake (yellow cake w/ dark chocolate frosting -- my paborites) and my teammates, senior manager, manager, a few other managers and directors sang "happy birthday" to me. as i blew the candles, i made a wish -- a good wish too. :) for lunch, my team took me to ben pao. its the most white-washed chinese restaurant i've ever been to. don't get me wrong, the food and ambience is great. you can't go wrong with cherry-bomb shrimp. the waitstaff found out it was my birthday so i got a cup of coconut taopica pudding (gag). i blew out another candle and made another wish.

what impressed me the most: throughout the day, i got emails, text messages and phone calls from my family and friends wishing me a "happy birthday". my birthday greetings started at 12:01am. [Volleyball Peeps, Juvy, my brother, my dad, Liezl, Ian, Chris M., P.J., Liss, Henson, Sharon, Jeff L., Antoinette, Terry, Steve V., Richie, Rhoda, Fatima, Maureen, Jen, Joe, Bernard, Chris B., Dave K., Junior, Romel, Justin, Terese, Norway, Andrew]

No comments: