10.25.2005

due date: OCT 31st

...3 miles in 36 minutes...
my friend chris made this goal for me.

ive been running on the treadmill for a couple months now. i can run 3 miles straight without stopping, but it takes me 45 minutes. thats a 15 min mile...hehe. slow poke. but my brother told me that i just need my heart rate to be up for 30 min straight. it is, but he also said i need to push myself. my 15 min mile is at a speed of 4.0 -- some (cough chris cough) say that 4.0 is their walking speed. whatever. blah. i played around with the speed the other day and found that a speed of 5.0 guarantees a 12 min mile. shiet...5.0 is fast! last week, i tried it for 1/2 mile and i thought i was going to die at such a young age of 25. hehe. i have to try though...

background: ive always hated running. in highschool, i didnt understand why my classmates joined track. you're just running. i only participate(d) in the sports where you run and stop and then run again...softball & tennis. but earlier this month, my brother took me on the trail at the forest preserve near my parents house. "fight through the pain, your body will get used to it...your body will adjust." he pushed and pushed me to keep going. my shin splints were acting up. i couldn't feel one of my toes on my left foot. "look ahead and find a spot on the trail...make it your goal but when you reach it, find another spot ahead of you and do it again". after he pushed me physically and mentally, it was 3 miles later on a trail that went up and down and curved left and right. it took me 45 min, but wow!

last night, I ran 2 miles with a time of 24 min and 7 sec. i had no energy in me to run another mile. i was pretty disappointed in myself...

but im working on it...

No comments: