10.26.2005

pink & brown

last night, i took my cousin/godmother/roommate out to dinner at le colonial. food was great... but let me cut to the chase: im going to be her bridesmaid!!! im so excited! i came to tears when she asked me -- technically, the card she gave me asked me. when i was living with her last year, we've talked about the topic before and i just assumed that i wasnt going to be a bridesmaid because she has so many other closer friends and im just her plain ole cousin. i was totally cool with that and not offended at all. i think thats why i had tears in my eyes because i was so surprised and touched. shes 8 years older than me but i feel pretty close to her. when i was fuckin up in college my 1st semester freshman year, shes the one who took me out to dinner and told me to get my act together because my parents were going to have heart attacks. ive been asked before who my close girlfriends are and i have many girlfriends that i hang out with and travel with and enjoy life with. but my cousin liezl and my ate myra are considered to be my close girlfriends. granted, they're both family members, but not everyone is close to their family, but i am. i do have a few really close guy friends, but that'll be a different blog story later. anywho...back to the topic at hand: guess what color the dress is going to be?

1 comment:

ExPat in London said...

You should have gotten on one knee, throw both of your hands up, yell, "I'm going to be your bridesmaid!" and throw yourself against a dinner table, crashing against it and some chairs! That's what I would have done! =) Congrats tho.