6.22.2006

"Given our large and matrixed organization, it often feels difficult to find the information we need. I urge you, however, to keep pressing on. On the other hand, I don’t want you to waste energy trying to seek information that isn’t there or about issues outside of our control. Sometimes, the answer may be, "We don’t know yet." That, in itself, is valuable information because it allows you to let go and focus on what you can control." ...part of an email that i rec'd at work from our CIO.

what a coincidence. great timing. "let go and focus on what you can control"? its applicable to my career but more so in my personal life. i get so stupid sometimes. im rational and logical and my cousin's husband gave me this advice before, but i just plain ole forgot. its my mantra now.

No comments: